Wednesday 10 September 2008

Team Live Right at Uni-President Cup Triathlon



On July 5th and 6th Team Live Right joined the Sun Moon Lake Uni-President Cup Triathlon, thanks to the sponsorship of the Sports Affairs Council, Executive Yuan who covered our registration and transportation fees, and to the Taiwan Triathlon Association for their support and help.

We had a total of 13 participants from our team (including my 13 year old son, Anthony, who completed the sprint distance race in just over 2 hours)

Our participation in this event was highly publicized in the media, with many reporters crowding around me as I came across the finish line of the main event!
We are happy to be promoting a healthy lifestyle this way, it is fulfilling my dream to be able to use my story to help others!

Originally I had joined the half distance race to be able to be able to race along with my son and other team-mates I was coaching who were competing in the rely version. I was going at a moderate pace to save energy for the big race the next day, so I was quite surprised to receive a trophy for 8th place overall. I was riding the new Merida Warp 9 which had been sponsored to me the week before--Nice bike!
I got 4th place in the full distance competition the next day!

We also cooperated with Uni-President and TVBS to film an instructional and promotional video to be used for this event next year!

We were very grateful to have my brother Nehemiah Berg visiting from L.A. who is a photographer and covered this event very well. Other companies that we wish to thank for their support for this event were SRAM, EXUSTAR, PROWELL, MERIDA, TRIGON, TOKEN, KENISIS, RITCHEY, AMERICAN CLASSIC, ECHOWELL, and TOPEAK.

No comments: